Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Recap

Why does anyone care about Barbaro? The second he didn't win the Preakness, he became obselete. Yet apparently, the media seems to think that I care about how every detail of this horse's life. Move on.

Hockey's back and no one has noticed.

Some epic basketball has been played. LeBron almost made me believe. I wish that Phoenix had Stoudamire...that's Amare!

Shhh! Be quiet. I'm trying to listen to all the exciting NBA Draft Buzz. Does Toronto even care about the Raptors? I would find that hard to beleive.

The Mavericks and Suns are playing in the West Finals, and they needed heroic shots from Dirk (game 7 vs Spurs) and Thomas (game 6 vs Lakers) to survive to where they are now. Seriously though, when you're up 3, under 24 seconds, how can you foul Dirk when he's shooting? I know the Spurs are a terrible free throw team, but you have to avoid a foul, make your free throws and then force them to make a 3.

NewsFlash! Barbaro just ate some hay.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny because I have been thinking the exact same thing about this horse. Why is it news? When have people ever cared about a horse like this? Especially when there's plenty to report about the NBA.

    I have a theory, there is too much news coverage. People will report about absolutely anything. "Free Meat" excepted, blogging and instantaneous news is out of control. People are writing for the sake of writing.

    The sad thing is that the media seems to be forcing issues on people. Ask regular people and sports fans if they care about Barry Bonds, steroids, and his passing of Babe Ruth and I'm willing to be that less than half actually care, yet ESPN.com has been running Bonds stuff heavily for a long time now. It's news when he doesn't even do anything. Give me Pujols.

    ReplyDelete