Monday, March 16, 2009

The Panoramas of a Lifetime

Basically, Italy is panoramic. Like Europe in general, the scenes aren't very tall but stretch forever along the horizon. So I made 4 panoramas using Hugin. Enjoy.

Roman Forum

Florence from the Ponte Vecchio

Grand Canal

Grand Canal from the Rialto

I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out where I could host original size panoramas without creating a new account. Flickr capped the horizontal resolution at 1024 pixels. Blogger caps it at 1600. Bayimg wasn't working. And Imgur capped the file size at 2mb. And then I remembered Dropbox offers public links and is the easiest way to do it. (Incidentally, I used Dropbox to transfer all 500 Italy photos to work, because I knew it would be so much faster to upload the best 200 using my work connection.)

No comments:

Post a Comment