Tuesday, May 18, 2010

mr. wall

John Wall is projected to be the #1 NBA draft pick after spending one year at Kentucky.

Wall said he was particularly proud of his 3.5 grade point average in his second semester at Kentucky, which would dwarf the overall fall semester GPA of the Wildcats. The Lexington Herald-Leader reported that Kentucky's basketball team's first-semester grades were a seven-year low of 2.025.

"I finished the semester with a 3.5 and people thought I wouldn't finish school or blow past it since I knew I was going to the NBA," Wall said. "It made me feel good because people say I'm not smart enough or I don't take my school work seriously. But I took it seriously both semesters and finished with a great grade point average."


Emphasis mine. Look, I don't give a shit that he graduated early to go to the NBA. And good for him to get a 3.5 at such an esteemed University as Kentucky. I'm sure his classes we're real ball-busters considering he was playing basketball through the end of March. But maybe don't play up the fact that people thought you weren't going to finish school moments after you're leaving after doing the absolute minimum amount of college.

I'm sure he'll be great at putting a leather ball in an iron ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment