Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The perfect order at Chick-fil-A

It's no secret that Chick-fil-A is the greatest fast food place. Here's my advice based on thousands of years of empirical research.

Let's start with the main course.

There's only a few choices: Original Sandwich, Spicy Sandwich, Chargrilled Sandwich, Nuggets & Strips.

Right off the bat, let's ignore the Chargrilled. I've never had it, I'm sure it's fine. But come on.

The sandwiches are where it's at though. The spicy is good. If you're in the mood go for it. It pairs nicely with ranch. But here's the thing. They have so many good sauces: Chick-fil-A sauce, Honey Mustard, Barbecue, Buffalo, Polynesian, Ranch and Honey Roasted BBQ. So if you get the Spicy, it really only works with Ranch. I say, get the original sandwich, and you can have each bite in a different sauce--including the buffalo, which replicates the spicy breading.


You don't need the Deluxe version. Lettuce and tomato just get in the way and the cheese seems unnecessary.


So now we've got a sandwich in our order. What to add to it?

You could go for the classic waffle fries. They're tasty. But truth be told, they're not my favorite. I prefer more chicken.

I've experimented by adding some nuggets or strips to complete my order. And they're good. Sure, no complaints. But you know what? Somehow, they're still not as good as the sandwich. And it's not as if they're any cheaper.

So what's my perfect order?

2 Chick-fil-A sandwiches.


Probably one and a half is all you really need to eat. Which means that you've got half a sandwich to share with a five-year-old, a dog, or a homeless person. Or just take it home and eat it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment