Friday, August 31, 2012

Draft Results: Projections

There's no surefire way to grade a draft. But I felt good about mine and wanted to figure some way to measure up. I could wait until the week 1 projections, but those are dependent on matchups. So I took the yearly projections of just our starting lineups. This ignores bench depth and uses some questionable figures (An injured Ryan Mathews is at 218, 12 more than Jamaal Charles?) But it's a rough guide.

I wanted to do mine and Mark's obviously, then I wanted to see how Kirat's autodraft stacked up, and then I picked Stevo because he waited on QB until Romo in the 3rd round.

Dave
QB 420
RB/WR 819
TE 229.5
D/K 260
Total 1728.5

Mark

QB 434
RB/WR 900.5
TE 178.5
D/K 253
Total 1766


Kirat's Autodraft

QB 309
RB/WR 1004.5
TE 156
D/K 257
Total 1726.5


Stevo

QB 323
RB/WR 937.5
TE 127
D/K 300
Total 1687.5


Quick takeaway: bummer that my 5 rb/wr are valued significantly lower than kirat's autodraft. So I'm hoping that ESPN is too low on Antonio Brown, Julio Jones and Michael Turner.


1 comment:

  1. I like my depth at WR, but I worry I don't have a #1 WR. You got a lot of the players I wanted, namely at WR. In retrospect, I wish I had waited a round (6 spots) and taken Lloyd instead of Gates. I just thought Lloyd or Harvin would still be there for me, and then they went back-to-back right before it got back to me. You took Julio Jones the round I wanted him and then Brown went just as I was looking for him in the list.

    I don't like your RBs. I thought you reached for Stafford, but then I went back and didn't really like anybody else at that spot. I really wanted to be in the top 6 (Foster, Rice, McCoy, Rodgers, Brady, Brees). I worry about Foster's veganism. There's a chance I would have taken Chris Johnson or Forte instead of Stafford, but I think hindsight will prove you right.

    I didn't want to spend a super early pick on TE because I think the TMR is overrating the difference between Graham/Gronk and the next tier (Gates, Hernandez and I even think Gonzalez and Pettigrew will have good season) is that large.

    ReplyDelete