Friday, April 29, 2016

New Music: Big If True

Back in high school my friends started making some music. They talked about forming a garage band. I joined the band. The only problem was my lack of musical ability. I can't sing or play an instrument. I became the DJ!

In a 7-piece band, you would think I would absolutely be the most superfluous member. You'd be mostly right, although we did have a trumpet player and very few songs that included trumpet.

I joined ebay and bought one old turntable and a very basic mixer. I plugged a Discman into the second mixer input. I wasn't good. But it was fun.

We even made a music video. 

I did come through in writing the majority of the lyrics for our second album. Also at this time, I got the program Acid Music and made songs using computer loops and samples from movies.

Ever since then, I've had the bug to make more music. Of course, the lack of musical ability continues to be a problem.

But the internet is amazing. I found virtual turntables online.

So four days ago I started fake scratching. Today I finished a song. You probably won't like it. But that's okay.

As for the name/art, it's really just placeholder. I needed something to put in the video so I made something in 10 seconds. I don't even know if "Big If True" is supposed to be an artist name, album name or song name. This is also what happens when you make music during the NFL Draft. Anyways, here's the first new song I've made in 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment