Monday, April 22, 2019

Avs win a Playoff Series!

Of course, the #1 rule is act like you've been there before.

But I haven't been here before.


Look, I'm not going to sit here and say this means the Avs are going to win the Cup or win another series. But it's just kinda cool to win a series. You get to look around and all the teams that didn't make the playoffs this year. Then you get to see the playoff field cut in half. Crosby is on the golf course. The top seeds in each conference are done. 

- - -

When I think about the series, I think about how close it actually was. Calgary dominated the first game and the Avs pulled their goalie in Game 2. Game 4 went to OT so the Flames were one goal away from heading back to home ice 2-2. 

I think about how many times in many sports, it feels like my teams have been the Flames in this series. Where it was so close but my team came up short and then no one cares. Illinois in the Final Four. The Avs vs the Wild. The Chiefs forever in the playoffs. No one cares that it was close. To the victors go the spoils. 

For years, I saw other NFL teams complete deep passes with ease and just thought that wasn't meant for the Chiefs. For over a decade, every time the Chiefs had an open deep receiver it was just a foot off the mark. Well, I've seen those passes get completed and then some. I've seen the Avalanche power through and win a playoff series. You wait long enough and good things can happen. Not for every team, but it can happen. 

- - - 

The Avs had a huge slump this year, two of them really. But they finished hot to make the playoffs. Then they added Makar and are 3-0 with him in the lineup. So they're peaking at the right time. Which is all you can ask of an avalanche. 




No comments:

Post a Comment