Sunday, January 31, 2021

Weight Loss by Month: January 2021

August – November 2020: 30 pounds 

January 2021: 7 pounds


A bit of a stranger update. 

After only losing 3 pounds in November, I lost 5 pounds in the first half of December. Some of that was probably catch-up weight from Thanksgiving. But then there was Christmas where I definitely got off track. In early January I got on the scale and I had gained those 5 back. But in January I got back on track, and those 5 were quick to come off again. 

So essentially I didn't lose any in December, but now I'm down 7 this month, 37 overall. 

The second thing that made this weird was that we started lifting weights. There were some days where I expected weight loss, felt a lot smaller, but then even gained weight. That could be retaining water or actual muscle building, or both. Point is, unlike in 2020, the scale might not be a great way of measuring progress. As in, I should be gaining muscle weight as I'm losing fat. 

Regardless, I'm getting in better shape, fitting in clothes that I haven't worn in 4 years. And no holiday weeks or vacations to throw me off track.

Definitely seems like I can pass 40 pounds lost in February, so that's something to look forward to. 

Given that January was inflated by those 5 from Christmas and the lifting weights, I'm not going to lose 7 in Feb. I'd be happy with 3-4 this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment