Friday, March 19, 2021

Calcutta Post-Auction

I had a plan this year. I knew everyone would want Illinois so I thought if I nominated Gonzaga before Illinois, that people would be saving their money for ILL. I was hoping I could get Gonzaga for 10 or 10.50. 

Then with the rest of my money I wanted to get Florida State or Texas in the bottom left. 

Texas Tech or OSU in the top right. 

And Oklahoma State or SD State in the bottom right. 

I also wanted the 8 seeds, 11 seeds and 12 seeds if I could. 


Well right away, Gonzaga went for more than I wanted. 

I was able to get Florida State and Texas but had to pay a lot there too. 

I missed out on Texas Tech, OSU, SD State but did get the 8 seeds. At the end I had a choice to make. 

I could get Oklahoma State or the 11, 13, 14 and 15 seeds. I went with the 16 teams. 


In the end, my roster is pretty weak. I paid a lot to have the 4 and 3 in the bottom left, when it could easily be a 1-2 finish. I need at least one of the 8-seeds to beat a #1 team. 

Perhaps the best thing is that by securing all the 13-15 seeds, I get to root for madness in the first round.



1 comment:

  1. Day 1 shows you how unpredictable this always is. I had San Diego State in the Elite 8 and Ohio State in the Final 4. I was ready to spend a combined 7 bucks on them in Calcutta and was really mad when Kirat outbid me on SD State. And they're both done.

    ReplyDelete