Tuesday, June 29, 2021

checking in on euro 2020 in 2021

After diving into my ancestry, I have 5 legit teams to root for in Euro 2020:

Germany
Poland
Sweden
Denmark
England

So how am I doing?


Poland finished last in Group E, while the other 4 advanced to the knockout round of 16. 

Denmark beat Wales to advance to the final 8. 

Germany and England met in the round of 16, with England advancing 2-0. 

I'm watching Sweden-Ukraine right now in the round of 16, Sweden trailing 0-1 currently. 


So Denmark and England are in the final 8 with their next matches coming on July 3. 

And as I type that, Sweden gets the equalizer against Ukraine! 1-1 as halftime approaches. 

If Sweden advances, I'll have a 3/4 chance of having a team in the final as Sweden, Denmark and England are all on the same side of the bracket, along with Czech Republic. (Sweden would face England next.)

Update: Ukraine beats Sweden. So I'm down to England and Denmark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment