Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Legendary

I was just in a meeting, letting my mind wander. 

And I was reflecting on all the quarterbacks that I was jealous of growing up, seeing what they meant to their cities. What Peyton Manning meant to the Colts, or Brett Favre to the Packers. Steve Young to the 49ers, Drew Brees to the Saints or Aaron Rodgers to Packers again.

All of those guys are Hall of Famers. Legends that a whole city rallied around. 

All of them won one Super Bowl for those cities. 

(I'm being careful with my words because Peyton did win a second Super Bowl for Denver, but he made his mark as a Colt. He won 4 NFL MVPs in Indianapolis.)

But yeah, one Super Bowl win for those legends. 

Then there are the quarterbacks like Dan Marino and Jim Kelly (Fouts, Tarkenton, Moon, McNair, McNabb, Cunningham, depending how deep you want to go) that were Pro Bowlers, franchise quarterbacks that never one a single Super Bowl. 

It's hard to win one. Typically a crowning achievement. 

And this kid comes along and wins two rings in five years. 




No comments:

Post a Comment