Wednesday, March 15, 2023

March Madness Calcutta Thoughts

1st Round
I wanted Houston. Would have taken the 2 spot and Alabama but both were taken. So I went for slot 4. Didn’t want Purdue or Kansas. Could have moved down to 6, but I was thinking about the 3rd round. Calculated that my 2nd pick would be good enough at 9 and didn’t want to drop below 16 for my 3rd pick.

2nd Round 
I had eye on Marquette or Gonzaga (but didn’t want Gonzaga after I got UCLA) so I was happy Savan took Gonzaga and not Arizona.

3rd Round 
I was debating between Tennessee and 8 seeds, but Burnsy took Tennessee. Was happy to get the 8 seeds. If I didn’t take the 8, I would have taken Creighton.

4th Round
I thought I would end up with 10 seeds, because I didn’t think Kentucky would be on the board. Once I took Kentucky, I offered Burnsy my last two picks for his 22nd pick so I could take the 10 seeds but he declined. But if he wanted Texas A&M, I think he should have taken it. They would have been there at 28. I think best for Burnsy would have been to take the 10 seeds, second best would have been to trade down, and distant last is take Texas A&M at 22. 

5th Round
Because he didn't take the trade, I got the 11 seeds at 28. I was happy with that. 

6th Round
Had a choice between MSU and 13 seeds for the last pick. Thought even if MSU wins one game, it's more fun to have the 13 seeds and hope they win one.

No comments:

Post a Comment