Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday Night Shocker

I was already to send my condolences to my Cowboy loving friend, and laugh at Bledsoe trying to quiet the Philly crowd.

When the Eagles were up 17 to 7, and had 4th down from the 2, I questioned the field goal attempt. I understand that if the Eagles don't score, all the Cowboys need is a touchdown and a field goal. The Eagles get the field goal to force the Cowboys to get 2 touchdowns. But even then I was thinking, it would be better to try to make it a 3-possesion game and worse case scenario, Dallas has the ball on the 2.

Even in retrospect the FG might still have been a good idea, barring that ridiculous McNabb throw. I mean Philly had the game in hand. 20-7 with 3 minutes left. I can hardly believe it. But considering how Dallas had suffered earlier this season via the Redskins and Seahawks, I say this was karmic retribution.

Bummer though, because you would think that after throwing TO under the bus, you would think that all the karma in the world would be on the Eagles side. Perhaps, the football gods were feeling very cruel and wanted to add fuel to the TO fire. They definetly added injury to insult as McNabb's return is questionable, but the Eagles return to the playoffs has been downgraded from questionable to doubtful to out.

No comments:

Post a Comment