Friday, November 04, 2005

Stream of Consciusness

So the West Wing is doing a live episode. But because of the time
zones they want to make it live for both coasts, so they are doing it
twice. So central will get some tape delay version. Not that I would
watch, but still. I picture entertainment industry lying down across
the united states. It is getting a footrub by LA, making out with NY,
and then taking a shit on the midwest.

I saw some highlights of the Illinois basketball game last night. It
was sad to see Dee still there. Back in May when I was still on
campus, I had the program's best interest at heart, but now that we're
out in the real world, I feel a bond with deron and luther - we're out
there making it happen. And I feel bad that Dee is stuck there for
another year.

Mike Tirico is a terrible play by play guy. He's fine for pregame
stuff, but he's awful to listen to during the game. When a guy was
returning a kickoff for a TD he shouts out "You cannot be serious!"
First of all, who is the you he is talking to? Well the only people
listening are the guys in the booth and the fans at home. Neither one
of those people said or did anything, so why is he shouting at me. He
should be telling me what's going on, not discrediting my seriousness.
Furthermore, it's just a kickoff return, it happens. It's serious. For
that kind of reaction, I am expecting something that hasn't happened
in the last 5 years, or a blown call.

There is all this hype about the Pats-Colts game. I still don't know
if the Colts can win in Foxboro, but I know this: even if they lose
this week, and lose forever in Foxboro, they won't play there again
this year, and they're going to Detroit.

As for moving the Saints and possibility of an expansion team later
coming to NO. I really would like the Saints to stay in New Orleans.
But what I want most is for there to be 32 teams in 8 equal divisions.
If they ever introduce a new team, they have to take one away. Cough
cough arizona cough cough.

As I wrote over the summer after seeing Schaub not get stumped in
Tokyo, the Falcons have a better quarterback then Michael Vick. Yes,
Schuab is a better QB than Vick. Yes Vick is a better football player
than Schuab. Yes Vick is in the top 3 football players in the NFL. So
you can't bench him. But why can't they at least try a few plays with
Schaub behind center with Vick in the slot. Who's going to guard him
on running routes. If you said 2 or 3 guys, you're only half right. 2
or 3 guys would try, but they still wouldn't guard him. So Vick is
still open, as is Crumps and they are running lanes for Dunn that you
could drive Rob Cordry's stretch hummer through. I'm not saying they
should make Vick a permanent receiver, (they should) but at least try
it out. And then you can run reverses, fake reverses, flea flickers,
I'm telling you it would work.

Who knows how much electricity costs? I mean you never have a choice
when you sign up for a power company, and you need power. No one would
ever say, man that electricity sure costs a lot, I think i'll stop
using it. So really they could charge double what they are, and people
would pay it. Then again, maybe they already are.

I remember this like it happened yesterday.
http://www.theradiotrip.com/resources/video/DAYTONY500_ACCIDENT_050905.mov

No comments:

Post a Comment