Thursday, January 19, 2006

True Competition

Finding a job can be as competitive as the NFL. Here's a timeline:

Late October: Mailed portfolio. Called to follow up - no opening.
November: Followed up with 2 emails. Nothing going on.
Early December: Read about job openings. Sent more emails and calls. Brittany gets a feeling that something good is coming...the next day they call me and asked me to drop off my portfolio.
Middle December: I have the option to pick up my portfolio and interview at a lower tier agency. After talking it over with Brittany we decide to leave my portfolio there and forget about the lower tier agency...the next day they call me in for an interview.
Late December: Go to Interview #1 and meet with 3 different people...They like me but tell me that they don't have an opening.
Christmas Break: Get a call for another interview.
Early January: I have a dream that I get the job. I go to Interview #2 with a new person. They call me quickly after the interview but I missed the phone call.
Middle January: Get a call for another interview. Go to Interview #3 to meet with 2 new people. I have to wait a week and survive background checks and references that won't return phone calls before it becomes official...
Late January: Dave Fymbo, Associate Copywriter

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations...sounds like it was quite the painful process. Now you have to change your voicemail as you are no longer "aspiring" but instead "associate."

    ReplyDelete