Tuesday, December 16, 2008

what's the deal with egg rolls?


They sound so good in theory. A tube of deep-fried goodness. A delicious side dish to go with my Chinese banquet.

So how come I bite into them and it tastes like I'm chewing on grass. Apparently, according to Wikipedia, they're filled mostly with cabbage. That's stupid. No one like cabbage. Why don't we fill egg rolls with peppered beef and fried rice, or cashew chicken, or moo shoo pork?

I would suggest filling them with General Tso's chicken, but that wouldn't make any sense. Since I always order that it would be a little redundant to have it as my side dish.

1 comment:

  1. They do have egg rolls with other stuff in them like pork...the worst is spring rolls or vegetable egg rolls, because like you described it's all cabbage or all sprouts, and I'm a fan of neither.

    ReplyDelete