Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fantasy Football: 12-team manual schedule

For three years, I've used ESPN to run our fantasy league. I was drawn to it by the custom scoring, but what I love most is that it keeps our settings every year, so it's a breeze to set up.

The only drawbacks are that there's no way to make new random divisions...and the biggest drawback is that once you set the divisions, there's no way for it to auto generate a good schedule.

I'm sort of a Prickly Pete when it comes to schedules. I want to have two divisional games and the play the rest of the teams once. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Anyways, for the third year in a row, I had to get it out multiple sheets of paper and figure out how to set up the schedule. The divisional games are easy, it's weeks 4 through 11 that are tricky. Obviously, you can't just have the east play the central in week 4, because then the west doesn't have anyone to play.

And for some reason, I've never saved what the schedule should look like, until now. This is going to save me a huge headache next year.

3 comments:

  1. just go to http://schedules.footballguys.com/freescheduleform.php?freeschedule=12team26

    it does it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this helped me a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is THE WORST thing about ESPN FF...WORST! What is so difficult for them to create a random schedule generator every year? I don't know why they are 30 steps behind with that process. Other than that, ESPN FF is Gold!

    ReplyDelete