Monday, August 08, 2011

first Denver dish

I was all set to try the East Colfax (a green chile base pizza) from the Denver Pizza Co. I called them up and tried to order last night and they said they were out of green chile.

So I audibled.

I went to Safeway and picked up a frozen tub of Mark Schlereth's Stinkin' Good Green Chile.

(not my picture)


They have pork, chicken and vegetarian. I opted for the classic pork in the HOT variety. It took forever to cook from frozen. But eventually it was ready.

Assuming you don't know, green chile is not just a green salsa. It is really a sauce, a thick sauce that could border on looking like a stew, that is meant to be served hot, usually smothering a burrito. To my novice mind, the fact that you heat it up and ladle it on to cover dishes makes it different than a salsa.

Since my pizza fell through, I opted to make a Green Chile Smothered Cheeseburger.

One quarter-pound beef patty, one sliced of cheddar, and a generous coating of hot green chile with big chunks of pork and veggies. I didn't take any pictures, but it wasn't that much to look at. Tasted darn good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment