Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Texas Barbecue Roadtrip (food dream list)

The only barbecue I've ever had in Texas was a few places in Houston in 2006. But I've always thought it would be fun to take a barbecue road trip. I've always wanted to go to Austin too.

Based a variety of sources, here are the places I would want to try the most.

Top Four

City Market, Luling
Snow's, Lexington
Kreuz, Lockhart
Franklin Barbecue, Austin

Somewhat conveniently, you could get to all four with only two hours of driving.



If I got to those four, I'd be happy.
I'd probably also want to go to San Antonio and it seem's like Rudy's is the best bet there.

Cooper's in Llano, Louie Mueller in Taylor, and The Salt Lick in Driftwood would be the next four up.

Here's a full map showing all eight places I mentioned.



No comments:

Post a Comment