Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Best Start Ever

This is the 6th year of Burnsy Sucks Fantasy Football on ESPN.com. Since I'm 3-0, I'd thought I'd look back at the previous five years and see my previous results.

2009: 0-3
2010: 2-1
2011: 2-1
2012: 0-3
2013: 2-1
2014: 3-0

I've never made the playoffs in the first five years of Burnsy Sucks. Will this year be the year?

(I did make the Super Bowl back in 2007 in Year One of our draft league, Construda)

- - -

Also, I wouldn't have gotten to 3-0 if Martellus Bennett hadn't been available on the waiver wire. I saw that Vernon Davis was doubtful and looked to pick up a TE.

In a league full of Bears fans, the 2nd best TE was sitting there having gone undrafted. He was drafted in the 9th round of my work league. (In my work league, I actually was targeting Bennett as the top TEs were off the board. But then Pitta was still there and ranked higher so I took him against my instinct.)

Anyways, Bennett came through for me and if Lacy can get going, I might actually make the playoffs.





No comments:

Post a Comment