Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fun Facts / Sunday Preview

In my work bracket, even though I had Villanova in the title game, I still picked MSU over Virginia. Which is fine. But somehow, I accidentally picked Belmont over Virginia in the first round. Stupid. If I lose by 10 points, that would be really stupid.

In my college bracket, I almost went with UNC in the Final Four. I had that locked in for three days and then during Calcutta I switched it up and put Arizona over UNC in the elite eight. So I still stuck with my UNC over Wisconsin pick. At the moment, UNC is trailing Arkansas by a point with 14 minutes to go. So...yeah.

Also, tomorrow's first game is a doozy. A lot of people have Virginia in the Final Four or even winning it all. I've got MSU in the Final Four. That game will swing a lot in both my brackets.

And then the game after that is Duke. I've got Gonzaga in both my brackets (and Calcutta) so I would love, love, love to see Duke go down at any point.

The game after that is Wichita State - Kansas. Which doesn't affect me too much bracketwise, but should be a great game. I love that KU wouldn't schedule the Shockers but now have to play them on a neutral court (Omaha). Also, ironic or something, that usually the stereotypical neutral field example is Wichita, but in this case it wouldn't be neutral. Omaha seems like a perfect replacement.

Then the next two games are my Calcutta teams. I care 100 times about Gonzaga than Dayton. First of all, I hate Iowa. This year I had a bet with a co-worker of Illinois basketball vs Iowa basketball. So all year I was rooting against them, and they kept winning. So I hate them. And since I'm all in on Gonzaga, I really need them to win.

In the time it took me to write that, UNC now has a three point lead with 12 to go. Time to watch that.

Edit: I just turned on the game and instantly was annoyed that I was rooting for UNC. I just think they're better than Wisconsin. On the bright side, if Wisconsin does beat them, it will be enjoyable to see them lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment