Saturday, March 14, 2015

Anti-Wild

In my old age, I have discovered something beautiful. When your team doesn't make the playoffs, instead of adopting a second team (which never really works) it's much, much better to root against a team you don't like. It worked like gangbusters for me in January. 

With the NHL playoffs on the horizon and the Avalanche missing out, I have a solution. (Technically, they're not eliminated. To have a >50% chance of making the playoffs, they would have to go at least 11-2-1. To have a >95% chance they need to go 13-1.)

This year, my playoff team is Not the Wild. 

Last year, the Wild beat the Avs in a 7-game series. They took out one of our best defensemen and their fans proceeded to whine about everything. I don't like the Wild. 


Anyways, it looks like they'll make the playoffs. But I'll be rooting against them every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment