Friday, June 05, 2015

100 games of Euchre

Not only have I played 100 games of Euchre, I have the stats to prove it. First of all, as for the 17 hours, virtually all of it has been multitasking. Either waiting for the kids to fall asleep or a quick game while they watch SpongeBob. It averages out to just over 10 minutes per game. I'll post all the stats and do some analysis. 





There's a lot to digest here. First thing that's odd is a slight advantage in tricks and games, but a disadvantage in hands won.

I'll note that I call trump 22.5% of the time, so slightly less than you'd think in a four-player game. Perhaps, I'm a bit conservative.

I'm content with the 88.6% success rate in calling trump. Obviously you don't want to go set and give up two points, but if you were much higher, you would be leaving points on the table.

I've been set 31 times but set opponents an average of 37 times, so that's good. Also, I play stick the dealer, so some of those times being set I really didn't have a chance.

I'm also content with a 30% loner rate. It's good to try for the loner whenever you'll likely get four tricks and just need luck for the fifth.

One of my favorite stats is taking all 5 tricks at a rate 14% better than the opponents. That's an extra point and I think is a sign of playing skill more than anything. Anybody can take a couple tricks. It's working with your partner, knowing when to lead trump, that is required to get all 5 tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment