Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Top Ten Beers (as of Summer 2015)

On April 6, I joined Untappd. The first day I entered 34 beers. That's a lot of beers in one day. Of course, they were beers that I either had tasting notes on or just remembered my opinion.

Over the last 11 weeks, I've entered 81 unique beers. That's an average of just over a beer a day. There have been weeks where I've had one beer a day, many days where I don't have any, any some days where I have a flight and enter 4 or 5 on a day. Here are the permalinks to my favorite beers and wish list.

Reviews

Wish List

Since I've tried and learned a lot in the last few months, I thought it would be interesting to break down my top ten beers of the moment, knowing this will likely change over time, particularly as I try new ones.

IPA
Lagunitas
Odell
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed

Double IPA
Russian River Pliny the Elder
Odell Myrcernary
Ninkasi Tricerahops

Golden Ale/Summer Ale
Victory Summer Love
Deschutes Twilight Summer

Winter Warmer/Root Beer
Anderson Valley Winter Solstice
Small Town Not Your Father's Root Beer

That feels about right. I've discovered that Double IPA is my favorite style and that Odell, Deschutes, Lagunitas, and Russian River are my favorite breweries.

- - -

Edit: So above I broke down my top ten beers by category. But since I only covered four categories, I figured I should add some other categories and note my favorites in those as well.

Session IPA
Left Hand Introvert IPA

Porter
Breckenridge Vanilla Porter

Local Brewpub
LowDown IPA

Red
Wynkoop Colorojo

Pale Ale
Deschutes Mirror Pond

Farmhouse Ale
Great Divide Collette

1 comment:

  1. Nice list! We've got plenty of overlap since I'm a big fan of Double IPAs and also of all of those breweries (except Odell's, which I haven't tried yet). I actually just missed a Deschutes "meet the brewer" event :P

    And most of the ones one your wishlist are >4 star beers in my book so you're in for a treat when you get to those :)

    ReplyDelete