Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Derren Brown!

I'm surprised that I haven't written about Derren Brown before. He's a mentalist/magician/etc and I find him and his shows fascinating. I probably discovered him around 2009 and every couple of years I remember him and go watch everything I can on youtube. This is probably the fourth time this has happened.

On youtube you can find a variety of shows.
He has somewhat traditional magic type stage shows. I've watched Something Wicked This Way Comes, An Evening of Wonders, Enigma, Infamous and Svengali. I've yet to see Derren Brown Live. Here are two of my favorites:

"An Evening of Wonders"




"Svengali"




He also has a bunch of edited one-hour TV specials and series. I've seen The Great Art Robbery, The System, The Events, all four of The Experiments, Pushed To The Edge, The Heist, some episodes of Trick of the Mind and Trick or Treat.

Trick of the Mind: Season 2, Episode 1 featuring Simon Pegg


What's interesting about this is he gives you one explanation for how he did it. Or was he just able to use sleight of hand and forge the signature. I don't know.


And there's just a slew of great clips that are pulled from a variety of shows.


Pickpocketing




Paying With Paper




Card Trick




Choosing The Right Door



I've seriously looked at buying tickets to a show in the UK. I'm all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment