Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Point / Counterpoint: Rooting for the Broncos in the Super Bowl

Point: 

It makes sense to root against the Broncos in the regular season. The Chiefs are directly competing against them for a playoff spot. And as happened this year, if the Broncos had lost more games, the Chiefs would have had won the division, had a higher seed and a home playoff game.

But once the Chiefs are out of it, how the Broncos perform doesn't affect my team. It seems kind of petty to keep rooting against them if it doesn't help my team. I have friends who are Broncos fans. I love the city of Denver. Peyton Manning is a great quarterback and it would be a great story to have him win his last game in Super Bowl 50.



Counterpoint: 

FUCK THE BRONCOS. I hope the Manning era is a complete disappointment for this franchise. I want them to get blown the fuck out and have Peyton retire and then the Broncos go 5-11 for the next 20 years. I embrace the pettiness. Everywhere I look, I'm surrounded by jerseys and logos of a team I hate. The Broncos already have the most Super Bowl losses in history. Just add another one onto the pile. Let that be their legacy. Last time the Seahawks beat them by 35. Let's see if the Panthers can do 36. Fuck the Broncos.

1 comment: