Monday, September 12, 2016

Projecting the AFC Playoff Race

Considering I bet on the Chiefs to win the AFC Championship this year, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the AFC playoff picture...after one week.

Good Teams

The Patriots are going to be really good. Already won one of their toughest games, on the road, without Brady.

The Steelers figure to be good as well. Two great RBs, a great QB, the best WR, plus they usually play good D.

The Bengals struggled but still figure to be good.

The Colts lost but should be good.

The Texans won, and Osweiler looks like he could be their missing piece.

Even the Jaguars looked good against Green Bay.

Chiefs, Broncos and Raiders all had to come back, but all did so. At this point, I think you still have to go Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders in that order.

I just named 9 good teams fighting for 6 playoff spots.

Bad Teams

Chargers. They lost Allen and a game they should have won. Bad start.

Browns. Bad.

Titans. Going to Struggle.

Frisky Teams

Jets, Bills, Dolphins, and Ravens will win some games, I'm penciling them in for between 5-11 and 8-8.

Playoff Predictions

Let's go ahead and write off the Jaguars. Too many other real good teams.

The Pats will win their division and a bye.

I'm guessing Steelers win the North.

Colts and Texans could be close.

I don't know who wins the West.

My gut says the Raiders are still a year away.

So I've got Pats and Steelers in.

And these five fighting for four spots: Bengals, Colts, Texans, Chiefs, Broncos.

One of these 7 teams isn't making the playoffs.

The only one who lost this week was the Colts, but I'm not writing them off. These games are going to be huge. Starting with...Chiefs v Texans this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment