Monday, March 02, 2020

Retro Bowl

One of the greatest games ever made was Super Tecmo Bowl (what I call it) or what it's officially called: Tecmo Super Bowl





So anytime I see a replication of it, I'm in. I bought Tecmo Bowl Throwback on PS3 ten years ago. Recently, a mobile game called Retro Bowl showed up in my recommended. Free to download so I checked it out.



They started me as coach of the Dolphins, promising that by doing well I can get a job offer from better teams. After inheriting a 2-14 team, I went 10-5-1 but missed the playoffs in my first year.

At the start of the second year, I spent my first draft pick on a speedy WR named Vance Akins. My offense is basically throw it to him on every play. I took this screenshot after Week 13 of his rookie year.


At this point, I think I was 12-1. Feeling great heading into the playoffs. And then after Week 14, I get this:


I finished 13-3 and was the #1 seed in the AFC. Even with the bye, I would have to play one playoff game without Akins. I grabbed free agent Fred Delaney to be my #1 WR for the playoff game.


With 48 seconds to go, I was down 3. 67 yards to glory.



Akins came back for the AFC Championship and I blew out the Broncos. On to the Super Bowl. Here's what happens right before the big game. 


As a coach, you love to get that right before the Super Bowl. Anyways, it didn't matter.


Yay, I won the Super Bowl. What's the one question I get asked?


Seriously? I just won the Super Bowl and my only two options are criticize the player or criticize the team? Also, we know he's on drugs! Of course he didn't play well. 

Anyways, so after taking the tanking Dolphins to Champions in two seasons, surely the Chiefs want me to coach them right? Nope. 


I ended up clicking on Detroit but then once I saw how shitty their roster is I just erased all my data.


No comments:

Post a Comment