Sunday, February 07, 2021

So That's What a Super Bowl Loss Feels Like

I'm definitely glad it happened in this order. 

In other words, this loss would have crushed me last year. 

- - -

The Bucs kicked the Chiefs ass. Outplayed on both sides. Specifically the Bucs defense overpowered the normally unstoppable Chiefs offense. The Eric Fisher loss was huge, but even with him in there, it seems like this D was too strong. 

And Brady gets #7. He leaves New England and instantly brings a title to Tampa in his first year. He has more than Belichick, more than any franchise in the league, including the Patriots. 

More than Jordan. 

Greatest of all time. 

- - -

I thought Brady was too old. In week 1, the Bucs lost to the Saints and I posted this.

Then he lost to Nick Foles and the Bears and didn't know what down it was and became a meme. 

Then they got blown out by the Saints 38-3. 

Then the Chiefs went in and blew their doors off in Tampa. 

The Bucs didn't even win their division. No bye. Three road playoff wins and then blows out the defending Champs in the Super Bowl. What a run. 

- - -

So I'm glad I bought all that LIV merch. I'm glad I made such a big deal out of it on this dang website. It sucks to lose a Super Bowl but I'm satisfied. I went to a parade a year ago. Mahomes is a warrior. I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment