Sunday, February 28, 2021

Weight Loss by Month: February 2021

 August – November 2020: 30 pounds 

January 2021: 7 pounds

February 2021: 5 pounds


This was a really great month. As it turns out there's a big difference for me from 35 to 40 pounds lost. All of a sudden, my L t-shirts fit properly. I was able to put away all the XL and that felt pretty great. 

Also, I'm now back to what I was when I left Colorado. Which means that I'm the fittest I've been since 2016. Which means I now weigh the same as I did in these photos. 

Except for about 10 days at Christmas, I've pretty much been on track for 7 months straight. Just keep stacking good months on good months. 

- - -

So 42 down. Another 18 and I'll be at what I was in college. 

So even though I'm not at a goal weight, I'm already reaping the rewards of the progress. This isn't like saving up for a jet ski, where 2/3 of the way there you still don't have a jet ski. I'm definitely happier to be at this weight than I was last summer. 

And it's going to be good for me in the long-term that it's taking so long to get to a goal weight. Because for me, maintenance is going to have to look pretty darn close to my weight loss habits. So the longer I make these habits part of my life to lose weight, the easier it will be to keep them during maintenance. 

I'm now able to start thinking about some of the outdoorsy bucket list goals from hikes to rock climbing walls to a ropes challenge course to playing tennis often, all things that seemed laughable just half a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment