Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Good Birthday

This was one of the better birthdays that I can remember. So I wanted to take some notes so I don't forget. 

My birthday happened to land on a Monday this year, and I now think it's the best day for a birthday. Let me explain. 

We had a nice, full weekend with the kids where went out to Texas Roadhouse (mainly for the rolls) on Friday night, then had a fun day of shopping and eating on Saturday. Got some Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Played a lot of chess with the kids (we're now a chess family apparently.) On Sunday, I took H to his basketball game and then came home and the Chiefs beat the Cowboys. From Friday to Sunday felt like a long, full family weekend. 

...and then I got to take Monday off work for my birthday. I woke up to a Q39 gift card from my sister-in-law.

Dropped the kids off at school and had a whole day with not much to do. Started by cleaning my closet which had been a giant mess since the cruise while I listened to Simmons and Sal discuss the Chiefs beating the Cowboys. Then, Devastating Lobster published two videos that were just shot in October.

Then Mrs. Hoagie Central was available so we got to go out for Potbelly lunch, walk the dogs, get a car wash, play chess, and pick up the kids together. They then gave me a TON of presents they picked out from the Made in KC store. A lot of glassware, coasters, t-shirts, all either Kansas City or Chiefs themed. Plus, some KC-made sea salt chocolate caramels. 

Then we took the kids out to a feast at Q39 and used up that gift card. 



My favorite move is to get the ribs and the Mr. Burns sandwich that comes burnt ends. Then I eat some of the delicious burnt ends from the sandwich straight up and supplement the sandwich with some delicious rib meat. 

Having a bonus Monday off work, with the kids in school, after just having had a big full family weekend...doesn't get much better than that. (Chiefs 4-game winning streak helps a lot too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment