Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Peanut Butter Cookies



So this is not a daily favorite. 

Real talk, since the cruise, knowing I have my birthday and Thanksgiving coming up, I haven't been eating with healthy habits in mind. And yesterday and I wanted to make cookies. Although chocolate chip is the gold standard, I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand and didn't feel like going to the store. But I  remembered peanut butter cookies that can be made with pantry staples plus an egg. 

- - -

In doing some google searches, I found three levels of peanut butter cookies. 

The simplest only had 3 ingredients: peanut butter, sugar and egg. 

A medium one had 5 ingredients: peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and egg. 

And another had 8 ingredients: peanut butter, flour, butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, egg and baking powder.

I opted to make the 5 ingredient version but with a couple slight changes. The recipe called for 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar, but I went 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar. Brown sugar is better than white sugar. Nobody denies this! 1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg, 1 splash of vanilla. 

I didn't get out the electric mixer, was easy to stir with a wooden spoon. Formed into rounded hockey pucks and then flattened further with a fork. 8 minutes at 350F. I absolutely LOVE to underbake cookies and brownies. 

When it came out, it barely held together. I had a few last night, warm and soft. But they set up perfectly overnight and I thought they were even better tonight. Very soft, rich peanut butter flavor. If I had chocolate chips it would probably be pretty good with them in this dough too.

No comments:

Post a Comment