Sunday, September 03, 2023

NFL Calcutta Auction Thoughts

With only 4 of us, we each got roughly 8 teams. I've color coded them by division for a moment.


I was able to get one team from every division.

Meanwhile, Kirat got 2 AFC West and 3 in the NFC West, meaning he has no coverage in the NFC East, NFC North, or AFC South. 

Mark and Matt are each covering 6 of 8 divisions. 

- - -

Let's compare each roster against Hoagie Central's official predictions. I'll just do a rundown of my position finish in each division, sorted by most expensive to least expensive:

Mark: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 4th, 4th

Matt: 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 4th

Kirat: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 4th, 3rd, 3rd

Dave: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st


I think Chiefs, Bills and Bengals all win their divisions but I didn't draft them because they were too expensive. 

But I got the 4 teams I picked to win NFC divisions and my four AFC comprise 1 division winner and the three-wild card teams according to Hoagie Central projections. Basically, I did as good as I possibly could based on auctioning according to my NFL Preview. 

There were teams that I wanted in the moment like Saints, Ravens, Bengals, Seahawks, but I'm very happy with the roster I've built. 

2 comments:

  1. Just go ahead and distribute the money now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked at this again and noticed I have the bottom of the NFC East locked up

    ReplyDelete