Sunday, September 17, 2023

Week 2 Projections

This will be an every week feature. I'm still riding high on the new football season and it's fun to think about it. Let's take it conference by conference.

AFC

The only 2-0 teams are the Dolphins and the Ravens.

The Dolphins went on the road to beat the Chargers and the Patriots. They get Broncos at home and then Bills on the road. I do think they're good but I also doubt that Tua plays all 17 games. 

The Ravens beat the Texans at home and the Bengals on the road. They get Colts next week with possibly Gardener Minshew. I'm not convinced they're an AFC title contender, but they could for sure win the AFC North at 11-6 or something. 

The good/decent 1-1 teams are Chiefs, Bills, Jags, Titans. 

The 0-2 surprises are really just the Bengals...and Burrow aggravated his calf injury today. 

If I was picking 7 playoff teams right now...Dolphins, Bills, Chiefs, Ravens seem in strong position. I'd give the nod to Jags over Titans but not super confident. If we say Jags, there's room for two more of Titans, Browns, Steelers, Bengals, Chargers.

Cross Off: Jets, Patriots, Texans, Broncos, Raiders, Colts. Now if the Jets were able to get a new QB in the building maybe they could be a wild-card. 



NFC

Meanwhile there are 6 2-0 teams in the NFC. Cowboys, 49ers, Falcons, Bucs, Eagles, Commanders.

The class of the conference so far is 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles. Let's pencil all three as playoff teams. 

Cross Off: Giants, Bears, Panthers, Cardinals. I've seen enough. 

So that leaves four spots for: Bucs, Commanders, Falcons, Packers, Lions, Vikings, Rams, Seahawks, Saints. Still pretty crowded. 


Just for fun, let's see who owns the teams I'm penciling in to the playoffs:

Dolphins - Kirat
Bills - Matt
Chiefs - Kirat 
Ravens - Kirat
49ers - Dave
Cowboys - Dave
Eagles - Matt

hmmmmm

2 comments:

  1. I'm not convinced a Lamar Jackson team can go all the way. Or maybe that's just my fantasy teams. Dolphins are one injury away. No clear #1 in the AFC. I don't like the Titans offense. I'm still taking the Chiefs, an unpopular opinion in these parts.

    In the NFC, the Commanders and Bucs are just schedule-lucky. Falcons aren't any good either. I agree with your cream of the crop. Lions have a chance to jump up there if they quit Lion-ing.

    The only team I might uncross off is the Patriots. I just can't quit them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not saying the Falcons are good like 12+ wins. But I did pick them to win the division and they still look like division winners to me.

    ReplyDelete