Monday, October 09, 2023

You gotta be kidding me

In our Eliminator league, Mark had won the first 4 weeks in a row.

In week 5, I had good games from Breece Hall, De'Von Achane and Sam LaPorta. Entering Monday Night Football, I only trailed Mark by 5 points. And I had Jordan Love at QB facing the Raiders, a bottom 5 defense. 

Here's Jordan Love so far this season:


If Love put up 25 or more, it would push my team to the 2nd highest score of the season and into bonus money territory. 

But all I really need is 5.5 out of him to win the week. 

Long story, short, he's struggling. He gets to 7 points late in the 4th quarter and I think it's sealed up. But then he throws his 2nd pick of the night. Back to 5. 

We don't even have rules for a tie because it's never happened. 

With 2 minutes left, the Raiders have a 4th and 2. If they go for and pick it up, that ends the game and Mark and I tie. I'm desperately hoping they kick, so Love can get the ball back. I only need a few passing or rushing yards. 

They kick. They miss. 

Love gets his 5 passing yards and is up to 6 points. 

There's 44 seconds left. All I need him to do is not fumble or throw an interception. I don't even need a touchdown. Like a turnover on downs is fine. 

You already know what happens.

Chucks it deep, interception in the end zone. 


I lose week 5 by 1 point.

1 comment: