Monday, September 26, 2005

Fantasy Draft League

Hoagies vs Badass Birds, week 3

When I saw that my WR's got outscored 28 - 4, I knew I had lost again. That would bring my record to a miserable 1-2. I was down 32 points. And I still had Ladainian Tomlinson going in the Sunday night game, but he had Shockey. I started watching the game, but as soon as Shockey started catching some long passes I gave up even the slightest hope.

I was even rooting for the Giant to beat the Chargers, the 2004 afc west champs.

So I turned on the game in the 4th quarter. And I saw a LT rushing touchdown, so I figured at least he was making respectable. That put the chargers up 42 to 23. They said that was his 4th touchdown of the night. So I thought that I would see how close he had come.

When I needed LT to outscore Shockey by 32, he had already put up 38! But Shockey had put up 100 yards so I was still losing: Hoagies 111, Badass Birds 115.

But now the Giants are passing big to try and come back and I am sure Schockey is going to put it away. But wait..Giants WR fumbles. Now the Chargers have 6 minutes to run out the clock. But up 19, can LT get 40 yards? Or another TD? On the first play from his own 10, LT runs a sweep to the outside, I'm screaming at the tv, rooting for a division rival, as LT goes s20, 30....40 yards! Keeps going, 70 yard run. That puts me ahead - for the moment. LT comes out of the game for the last time and San Diego gets a field goal. But there are still 4 minutes for Shockey to tie it up with 20 yards.

The Chargers D comes up huge and forces a garbage time punt. Unbelievable. Best Comeback Ever. LT finishes with a whopping 44 point game.
Final 117 - 111.

No comments:

Post a Comment