Friday, November 16, 2007

Construda Playoffs Preview


With 4 weeks to go, there's 6 teams fighting for 4 spots. Who's in? Who's out? And who's hoping for a miracle?

East Division
Rishi and I are tied at 5-5 right now. Rishi already beat me, so if he wins again in week 13, he would own the tiebreaker and I would have to finish with a better record than him. But If I beat him, the tiebreaker would be total points scored, and I would own that. Based on my easy schedule down the stretch, in order for Rishi to make the playoffs he would have to upset me and win 2 of his other 3 games. But I'm not going to lose another game this regular season, I'll finish 9-5 winning the east, and Rishi will probably finish 7-7.

West Division
Mark has the West sewn up, and barring something strange, the #1 seed. Anish is fighting for a wild card with....

Central Division
Burnsy and Kirat are currently tied, but Burnsy already beat Kirat this year in a 98-97 slugfest with huge implications. Looking at the schedules, it's possible that Burnsy, Kirat and Anish could be 10-3 going in to the last game. Using that assumption, here's the scenario:

Mark has the #1 seed locked up and will play the wild-card in the first round.
Dave has the #3 seed locked up and will play the #2 seed in the first round.
The winner of Kirat-Burnsy will win the Central and be the #2 seed.
The loser of Kirat-Burnsy will be 10-4, but Anish owns the tiebreaker over both of them, so he doesn't even have to beat Mark to get the wild-card.

In other words, Anish gets the wild card if he gets to 10 wins (currently at 7-3). Assuming he does, it will come down to the Kirat vs Burnsy matchup to see who gets to the playoffs.

Projected playoffs:
#1 Mark vs #4 Anish
#3 Dave vs #2 Niraj

For the record, since my resurgence 4 weeks ago, here's how I've fared against the contenders:

2-2 vs Burnsy
3-0-1 vs Mark
4-0 vs Rishi
4-0 vs Anish
4-0 vs Kirat

So yeah, I'd rather not play Burnsy/Brady.

3 comments:

  1. Good analysis, but it seems like Anish isn't paying attention anymore. Is he still starting Ronnie Brown?

    Also, I couldn't play Anish in the first round of the playoffs because the 1 seed and wildcard don't face off if they're from the same division, I believe.

    Do I have a fact-checker?

    Also, I am probably more scared of your team than any of the others, although I really like my team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, not only is Anish not paying attention, but he never was. He hasn't made any lineup changes all year. In fact, since his draft was an autobot, he probably hasn't even logged in. But he's 7-3 (and I'm 5-5!) and favored by 11 this week even though both his RB's are injured.

    So he likely wont make it to 10 wins but he could, giftwrapping Mark in to the championship.

    As for the wild card, you're thinking of MLB. The wild card is the #4 seed and will play the top seed regardless of records or divisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, what's the deal with the "guru" points? how is justin medlock still at 4.2? is he in the NFL?

    i'd love for a cakewalk to the championship. anything can happen any week. you never know who is going to blow up. maybe i'll sit my studs the last week when i play anish

    ReplyDelete