Friday, November 09, 2007

Mid-Season Mid-Review

There've been 9 weeks, and most teams have played 8 games. So how's everything going?

To me it looks like the NFC division winners will be:
Dallas
Green Bay
New Orleans
Seattle

That leaves 2 wild card spots for:
New York
Washington
Detroit
Tampa Bay

Methinks the Lions and Giants find their way to the postseason.

The AFC is a little cloudier...

I think the AFC Division Winners will be:
New England
Pittsburgh
Indy
San Diego

But that leaves all these teams fighting for the last two spots:
Buffalo
Cleveland
Baltimore
Tennessee
Jacksonville
Kansas City

I like both the Jags and Titans but don't think it's likely for 3 playoff teams to come out of the same division. So, right now I'd pick the Titans and Ravens.

What about the Chiefs - Lions?

Well they're 4-4 and 6-2 respectively, and I like Detroit's schedule better. Even if the Chiefs get to 8-8, I think the Lions will get Kitna's 10 wins. Looks like I'm the one buying that effing burger.

Home Team?

I've got a comfortable lead and plan on padding it this week. Mark and Burnsy are fighting it out for the right to not pay me money. Matt should be in last, but is in 4th because Rishi and Kirat forgot to make picks one week. Right now it's a dogfight (that's illegal) to avoid ordering the trophy, but I don't expect Kirat to stay in the cellar.

Construda?

Well, after week 6 I wasn't very optimistic:



Drew Brees was a bust and I was strugggggaling. But now look just three weeks later:


Assuming I beat Rishi in the rematch, I'll own the tiebreaker on points, so from here on out, all I need to do is match him in the rest of the games. Which I will. I'm making the playoffs.

As for what happens in weeks 15 and 16. Call me crazy, but I like my chances. I'm afraid of Brady, but I think I now have the depth to take on anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah effing burger. I can't wait to come and claim it.

    In home team, I think I might be able to pull it out. But like me last year, you haven't stumbled and I don't know if you will.

    In construda, I don't want to face you in the playoffs, so lucky for me, if we do see each other in the playoffs, it'll be in the championship game.

    ReplyDelete