Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Construda Update: 2 weeks to go

There's basically 3 teams locked into the playoffs: Mark, Burnsy and Kirat. And Rishi would need to beat me this weekend and win again next week to get in. He beat me in week 2 110-104. If he can do it again, I'd be amazed. Still it's a huge game.

The other thing left to be determined is who gets the wild card, Niraj owns the tie breaker, but assuming both he and Kirat win this weekend, it won't matter. The winner of their week 14 game will win the division, the loser gets the wild card.

Here's the projected playoff picture:

Mark #1 vs #4 (loser of Kirat/Burnsy game)
Dave #3 vs #2 (winner of Kirat/Burnsy game)

Ironically, I am 4-1-1 vs Mark over the last 6 weeks, so you could make the argument that the easier path through the playoffs is through Mark, and Kirat or Burnsy should tank their last game. But I don't buy it. The playoffs are going to be hard no matter who you play, and it will be good teams against good teams.

Breakdowns over the last 6 weeks:

Dave vs Mark: 4-1-1
Dave vs Kirat: 6-0
Dave vs Niraj: 3-3

Mark vs Niraj: 2-3-1
Mark vs Dave: 1-4-1
Mark vs Kirat: 5-1

Niraj vs Dave: 3-3
Niraj vs Mark: 3-2-1
Niraj vs Kirat: 4-2

Kirat vs Dave: 0-6
Kirat vs Mark: 1-5
Kirat vs Niraj: 2-4

2 comments:

  1. Good update. I particularly like the breakdowns. However, you're forgetting about WHAT!. With Burnsy/Kirat losing a game, WHAT! could sneak in. For the sake of integrity, I will be starting my best players when I play WHAT!.

    Also, the playoffs are a bit of a crapshoot. You never know who is going to blow up. That said, I'll put my guys up against anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screw integrity. If it were me I would do anything possible to get WHAT! into the playoffs, so you could beat them in the first round.

    But I guess you're from the Herm Edwards school of football:
    YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

    ReplyDelete