Monday, August 25, 2008

Construda 2008 Draft Analysis

I'm happy with my draft, with only one pick that I wasn't quite sold on. But there were a number of players that I had my eye on, that I didn't get. So I figure it's worth posting here, and then checking back at the end of the year, to see if things worked out or not.

For the record, here is my drafted lineup:


Players That I Was Targeting

Round 1
Tony Romo
Marion Barber

I would have had to draft either one over Addai. I considered taking Romo with the 7th pick, but couldn't pass on Addai.

Round 2
Darren McFadden

I would have had to take him before Big Ben. No way I was doing that. If I could have gotten him in round 4 that would have been nice.

Round 3
Ryan Grant

I could have taken him instead of Colston, but I already had a RB and I wanted a top WR.

Round 4
Chris Cooley

No way I take a TE over Welker. I wanted Cooley in Round 6 or 7.

Round 5
Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Bowe

Either one would be a great 3rd receiver. And I really liked Johnson. But I would have had to take Calvin over Thomas Jones. I already had 2 WR, so I needed a RB.

Round 6
Joey Galloway

I would have been happy to get him as my 3rd receiver. But he went just before I picked up Cotchery. But I'm glad I got Selvin Young.

Round 8
David Garrard

I should have taken Garrard instead of Scheffler. Hopefully Big Ben doesn't get hurt.


There were some other receivers I liked and some were still on the board when I picked my 5th.

Anthony Gonzalez
Roddy White
DeSean Jackson


I was high on Colston, Cotchery, and Young. I had Gage as a sleeper. The rest of my draft wasn't necessarily targets, just players that seemed like good value at the time.

1 comment:

  1. i don't get what you did in the second part of the post. who are the guys that you listed in each round? is that who you were targeting?

    ReplyDelete