Saturday, August 02, 2008

tales of a second annivesary

7.22.08

Two years can go by pretty fast. We watched our wedding DVD for essentially the first time. We realized that the ceremony is really boring and skipped straight to the reception disc. And then we fast forwarded through the dancing and the setup. So basically we watched the party get introduced and then us smashing cake. Well worth it.

I suspect it will be more enjoyable down the road when our memories aren't as strong and we don't look like we did that day.

But more importantly, we started the anniversary day at Congo River mini golf. 36 holes of perfectly hokey safari-themed fun. The first game was pretty tight. Brittany got off to an early lead but I held close. She got a hole in one on about hole 12 and was keeping her lead. I responded with a hole in one soon after. Going into hole 17, I was a stroke behind. But a great tee shot gave me a gimmee second shot. She settled for a three, making us even going into the final hole.

I went first and it was a long hole, with ridges and a turn. I played a masterstroke. My ball came to a rest inches from the hole, a guaranteed 2. The pressure was on her. I thought for sure that I would win. And then what does my wife do? Ace. She wins the first game with a hole in one on 18. Not even Tiger does that.

I was a little miffed but also proud. My wife can play.

Then we went to the second game and apparently I was shaken up. Within the first 4 holes, I was behind 6 strokes. Mostly I was played bad. Just a lot of bad shots. I kept saying it was early. But she held on to a solid lead through the front nine.

But then I roared back, making up multiple strokes on a hole here and just playing smart. By the end of that 18 I had come back and won by a couple strokes. It was pretty remarkable since I was down so much early, but that's how it goes.

Although we both won a game, the memory that sticks with me the most is her acing the winner.

1 comment:

  1. did it ever cross your mind that taters let you win the second game?

    also, congrats on a happy marriage. not everyone is as lucky as you two

    ReplyDelete