Monday, July 06, 2009

a good walk spoiled: part two

For the first time in almost four years, Niraj and I went golfing. (previous scores here) In fact, this time it was a threesome. Here's how we did:


Matt was playing with rented clubs as he doesn't have his own. We started out on the easier (red) tees and after playing the 3rd hole we switched to the white. On hole #3, the red tees take the water hazard out of play, chop 60 yards off the distance, and turn it into a wedging exercise, which accounts for it being the easiest hole of the day.

Basically, Matt and Niraj struggled in the beginning, and again once we switched to the white tees, but finished strong. They were tied up after 7, but Matt played his way ahead with back-to-back double bogeys!

My goal was to get a par, and I didn't do that. Hole #7 was particularly frustrating as my tee shot was just off the green, and I needed 5 shots to get it in the hole. I was on the green-in-one on holes #1 and #3 but 3-putted both times for bogey.

Actually, if you consider the increase in difficulty, I did better than my first time out in '05, and Niraj did about as good as he did the second time out four years ago.

Easiest Hole: #3 red: average score: +1.33
Toughest Hole: #5 white: average score: +5.33

No comments:

Post a Comment