Saturday, July 18, 2009

moving

This is the bookcase we bought. I helped pick it out.


I'm an idiot.

Sure it looks cool, but I didn't think about the fact that every little line is it's own piece of wood. That needs a bunch of screws that don't want to go in unless you crank the fucking screwdriver until you get a blister on your thumb.

Anyways, after three days of working on it, it's finished and it looks pretty cool. And we've got most of our stuff over there. I'm looking forward to everything about it, except the commute. But who cares about that. It's not like I'm riding a camel, it's a train.

- - -

I just googled ("british open" what to eat) and "what to eat while watching golf" without any good results. My best guess is, because of the starting times here in the states: bangers, hash browns, and then a bag of chips. I think about the only thing I have around here is chicken patties, anyways.

- - -

We've got a third anniversary coming up, and I can say without reservations, that it's a lot more meaningful than a birthday. I mean, all you have to do to make it through to another birthday is stay breathing. But a marriage takes work. And I'm sure Brittany would agree with me that it's not always easy. She's been doing almost all the housework, all the arrangements for the move, in addition to making just as much money as me. (I need to step up my game around the house.)
Anyways, the point is that I think it's a worthy occasion to reflect upon our lives and celebrate the fact that we're still together and in love.

2 comments:

  1. You need to get a power drill. It'd be useful for a lot of stuff, but it would make quick (and easy) work of something like that!

    (Early) Congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bookshelf is totally worth it. It rocks my socks!

    Anniversary was good times. Are you going to do a post on the movie?

    ReplyDelete