Tuesday, August 18, 2009

#ihatefavre

Me from May 8th:

"And then we get to Brett Favre. Who had a meeting with the Vikings to say I'm staying retired. Then WHY THE FUCK DID YOU HAVE A MEETING? It makes no goddamn sense.

It absolutely infuriates me that my Mike & Mike in the Morning and my Fanhouse and my ESPN.com gets taken over by this bullshit. Don't cover his bullshit! I don't care if he discovers a cure for Swine Flu: I don't want to hear his name, unless it's Week 1 and he's actually playing.

Someone on M&M joked that the reason Favre told the Vikings "no" was because he knew he would be sharing the news cycle with Manny and he wanted to wait until he would be the only story."


And from Arrowhead Pride on July 7th:

"The Vikings will play Favre's former team the Green Bay Packers on Monday night, Oct. 5, at the Metrodome on ESPN. The Vikings are planning to require anyone buying a ticket to that game to also buy a ticket to the Aug. 21 exhibition game against the Kansas City Chiefs."


Let's see, training camp is over in two days, he got to jerk Peter King around for a couple months, might as well join the Vikings. And those tickets that the Vikings-Chiefs tix that they couldn't sell are now going for triple face value.

The biggest mistake is that this hurts the Vikings. Their Super Bowl hopes in the next couple years just took a nose dive. They need to find a quarterback solution that will help them throughout the prime of AD. This is going to waste a year or two and I don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I say this could waste Peterson's Super Bowl window. I know the Vikings can't win one with Favre, so this is just pushing back their timeline for possible success.

1 comment:

  1. I liked what Simmons said about this on Twitter: 'New nickname for Brett Favre: "VD." We can't get rid of him.'

    ReplyDelete