Monday, September 20, 2010

going into monday night

During the early games, I was down in the neighborhood of 70 to 30. Going into the Sunday night game, it was really close. I had Garcon and Hartley, he had Addai and Hicks.

Throughout the game, Hicks had no catches and it looked like his injury might be affecting him. Addai was running well, but didn't get a touchdown. And Garcon didn't do anything.

But with 5 minutes to go, I saw that Addai was on the bench, with the Colts up 31. I was up 117.5 to 115.5. I was ready to start thinking about if I should bench Hartley. I had this wrapped up.

And then after the two-minute warning, stupid Hakeem Nicks gets a touchdown worth 9.5 fantasy points. I went to bed thinking that I was down 117.5 to 125, with a kicker to go.

And then I wake up, and all of a sudden Harlan has 129. I believe they added 4 pts to his defense.

So now I need 12 from a kicker.


We've seen this situation before, a week 2 divisional matchup which you would expect to have serious playoff implications. If I go to 0-2, it could be nigh impossible to get back in things against 2 opponents that are 2-0.

So now I need Hartley to kick 3 field goals and some extra points.

1 comment:

  1. after the day games, i was thinking, sitting jerome harrison for garcon was the right play. then i woke up and saw the score of the colts-giants game and still thought so. then i checked the fantasy points. oops.

    ReplyDelete