Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Chiefs Playoff Week: Wild Card Gambling

It's not too often that the Chiefs are in the playoffs, and it might not last more than one week. So I'm going to make the most of it.

- - -

Here are the lines as they stand on Wednesday:


There might be a problem with your bracket when you have a +10 point road favorite. (My solution: Keep the teams that get in the same (sorry Giants) and keep the conference set up (sorry TMQ) but seed based on record, not division champs. Seattle and Kansas City should be a 6-seed. This also helps put more on the line in Week 17. That would result in a #6 Seattle at #3 New Orleans, which seems more accurate. Furthermore, the 12-4 Steelers are #2 with a bye, the 12-4 Ravens are #5 and on the road? Sorry Chiefs, but you should be playing #3 Ravens in Baltimore.)

Anyways, here are my picks:

Seahawks +10.5
Colts -2.5
Chiefs +3 (homer pick)
Packers +2.5


And because I'm curious, I wonder if you could do a 3-team teaser and win going both ways. I'll show you what I mean.

Here's my natural first 3-team teaser, moving each line 10 points.

Saints -.5 AND
Colts +7.5 AND
Packers +12.5

But what about the opposite way?

Seahawks +20.5
Jets +12.5
Eagles +7.5

I doubt the Seahawks lose by 3 touchdowns even to the Saints. I could see the Packers winning by 10, and the Colts getting to 14, but honestly, this opposite teaser looks just as likely as the first, and there's no reason that both couldn't hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment