Friday, January 06, 2012

2011 Amazon Kindle Sales

I put Autopilot on Kindle on March 1, 2011. Here are my sales numbers for 10 months of 2011:

Sales: 251
Royalties: $143.19

(Advertising Cost: -$20.00)

Almost all of the sales were to strangers. I stopped promoting it in April. Without any promotion, sales never dipped below 16 copies per month. And then in November and December, there was a significant uptick. Holiday season? More kindles in the market? We'll see.

- - -

Considering it cost me zero dollars and I'm now on the virtual shelf along side every other author and I got to have my cover the way I wanted, and I'm not responsible for a warehouse full of unwanted printed copies, I'm quite pleased that none of the hundred literary agents I contacted wanted me as a client.

At this rate, I'll be able to quit my day job in 2478. Not that I want to anyways.

One of my resolutions is to publish a volume of essays on Kindle in 2012. Obviously it's not for the money. It's just nice to live in a time where I can publish as officially as Palahniuk on my own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment