Saturday, January 14, 2012

playoff hockey (on the ps3)

Because I have to play the video game version of whatever sport I'm into at that moment, I've been playing NHL 11 since I got it for Christmas.

And just like NHL 94 on Genesis, it plays pretty realistic. You can see in the top row that my Western Semis with Vancouver went six games and the last four games were 1-3, 1-3, 3-0, 3-1. And some of those were empty netters. The point is, is that goals are hard to come by.



Which is why game one of the Western Finals vs Edmonton was so surprising.


Landeskog got a hat trick. They benched their goalie after I scored 6. And despite losing the faceoff battle, I dominated the shots. 

And this was me playing on the most conservative strategies possible--as I've found playing aggressive doesn't help my offense but hurts my defense. The next game was 3-0 with an empty netter. And game 3 was tied 3-3 until Duchene scored with 7 seconds left. Game 4 went into overtime 0-0--I hit the series winner with a top shelf wrist shot.

And then another shocker. In Game 1 of the Finals, I scored...8 against the Caps. 8-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment