Monday, December 08, 2014

Fantasy Update: Work League Playoffs


This is week 1 of a 2 week matchup, semifinals. I'm the #2 seed for winning my division, going up against the guy that was #1 all year. I beat him in week 12 knocking him down to the #3 seed. If I had let him win, I would be playing the current #1 seed. (She put up 111 points, while the #4 seed has 86.)

At halftime, Matt Ryan hardly had any points and Lacy already had 20. I was up about 40 points.

Other notes:
I had stashed Josh Gordon since about week 4, benched Maclin going against the Seahawks, which cost me 7 points.

Catanzaro has been my kicker for a while. This week I dropped him for Tucker on the Ravens, who was on waivers until Friday. Somehow I neglected to start Tucker for the 11am start. I noticed at about 1:20, and needed to put in somebody. Catanzaro was in a late game and seemed like the best choice.

Tucker only put up 4. But Catanzaro should have had 16. He doinked 2 field goals off the uprights for a net swing of 8 points.

Good time for Green to act like Green.

I traded Steve Smith for Ellington in week 2, which seemed like a steal, especially considering my receiving corps. And then Ellington is done for the year, without playing in any playoff games. I just went back and looked. He helped me win one week, but I still would have won with either of my other guys. So even though he has a rep as a solid RB2, he didn't matter to my team for a single week.

I've got some tasty matchups in week 15, so I think I'll be okay, but man, this could come down to a few points.

1 comment:

  1. I'm almost relieved not to really be in the playoffs this year. The stress is enormous and I can barely enjoy the games. Especially in 1-week playoffs. Anything can happen. But you've got a 15 point cushion in heading into this week. That ain't bad.

    ReplyDelete