Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Top Ten of 2014

This has been the most challenging year of my life. It has been strange and overwhelming. I don't expect to look back at 2014 with fondness. So it goes. Tonight, on New Year's Eve, I looked back at my blog. There were so many things that happened. A lot of things in the sports world that I had forgotten about. The Broncos Super Bowl. The Avs playoff run. The World Cup. The Royals run. Even when Illini basketball was #1 in the country in scoring seems so long ago. Aside from sports, there were a lot of things that I did for the first time. I started and completed a cookbook. I did a burrito search. I built something. I played a game of soccer. I went to Conifer and played frisbee golf in the hail with Mark. I made a five-course dinner. And then I looked through my blog and there were a lot of in-depth posts, stuff that you can't find anywhere else, but I don't know that they really warrant best of status. Things like this and this. Or this or this.

But enough of that. It's time for the good stuff.

Honorable Mentions

Nike's new Illinois uniforms
Spoilers: Zig Zag.

Tyson Chandler blocking a shoe
I seriously considered making this #1 for a while.

LV Anderson sucks
It blows my mind that she gets paid for this.

Reinventing the Video Game
Maybe in another life I'll get to this

Super Bowl Dips
At the time, Burnsy predicted this would make the top 10. So close!





10. Mates Ratings
Loyal viewers will know all about stormtroopers hitting the ground.

9. Cumulative Big Ten Standings
This should be a thing.

8. The Search for Denver's Best Burrito
This was a good series. I can't wait to see the results in the finals.

7. 24 Hours in Paradise
I get to see the Chiefs win and have the best barbecue in the world. At first the title seemed tongue-in-cheek but now I'm not so sure.

6. Avalanche Comeback on my Birthday
This was the best game I attended in 2014.

5. Blast from the Past
I'm a sucker for nostalgia. Also considered making this #1.

4. DIY Soccer/Hockey Goal
I've always wanted to build this. Now I have.

3. Playing Indoor Soccer
This was exhilarating and intimidating. And I scored our team's only goal.

2. Game of the Year
I got to see one of my teams actually win a playoff game. What a way to do it.


...and what was the best thing that happened in 2014?
Number One

No comments:

Post a Comment